background

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Heart's in the Right Place

 
Ok, this is me trying to get creative.  I got the idea from Sarah at Chalkboard Nails.  Check it out here: Star Stencil Tutorial
 
 
For the base I used Orly Cotton Candy which is a light, creamy, babyish, pink.  It took 3 coats for Cotton Candy to become opaque and even then it was still splotchy in places. 
 
 
 
After Cotton Candy dried, I punched a heart shaped hole out of some masking tape.  Then I used Plumroll Please from Nicole by OPI to paint over the heart.  It didn't exactly work out too well for me but I did some touch up with a dotting tool.





After I fixed the heart, I figured since I had the dotting tool out already I might as well continue with embellishments.  So, I added the dots around the outside and tip of the nail.
 

 
 
I actually really liked how this turned out.  There was a good contrast between Cotton Candy and Plumroll Please. 
 
 
 
 
What do you think of this?  Ever try the whole punch with tape?
 
 
<3 Krystan



13 comments:

  1. So cute. I need to try some nail art some day:) Nice to meet you through this Pink Wednesday project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the contrast between the two colors and it is just enough to give it a pop without being "overdesigned" I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Its a great mani for GPW. I have never used a hole punch (shaped or otherwise) But I have used tape and craft sissors.. the kind with different types of blades. Also its super easy to draw hearts using the dotting tool... I think its my fave nail art tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the name of the mani too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks cute. The whole punch is a great idea, I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, what a lovely mani, Krystan! I love the heart and dot accents. Very pretty! It may not have turned out as you had envisioned, but I think it's pretty awesome! Thanks so much for joining Go Pink Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I stumbled onto Go Pink Wednesdays and that you let me join!!

      Delete
  7. This is adorable!! So happy to find and meet new bloggers through this!

    ReplyDelete